Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Moving Feast for the Eyes

Every day trains fly by heading for a place unknown by me. It’s not the trains, but the dazzling, colorful feast for my eyes that grabs for attention and gets it. There’s dichotomy with an illegal form of art that fascinates using every trick and angle to convey the gamut of human emotions from comedy, whimsy, and elegance to brash, raunchy and raw. This is freight art, but I call it a moving art show that presents itself to me whenever I’m in the right place at the right time and take a few moments to view and appreciate the forms, patterns, and color that move down the rails.

Let me take you on a tour of where country meets city through the ever-changing mobile art show…a magical, moving feast for the eyes.

The Faces

The Messages


A Greeting


I've taken over 200 images of the art on the trains that pass this way.  I've also done a bit of research on where it all comes from, a bit about the history and I hope to discover more about the artists that create the moving art show.  So the next time you see a train, take a moment to really look at the graffiti and you may just discover a moving feast for your eyes.  


2 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

A wonderful post.I happy to see these images again..I moved away so long ago and yet the memories they awaken make me feel alive.Thank you and Warmest Regards,Cat

Teresa O said...

Thank you, Cat, for stopping by. I am mesmerized by the art that flys by. I doubt I'd ever have come to appreciate freight art had it not been for the railroad tracks within view of our backyard.